Are you super ready to learn how to create a WordPress website? Starting a website is pretty easy as long as you can move your mouse pad and type. Don’t fret! It isn’t as technical as you think it is.
Creating a professional website in today’s world has never been this easier. Let’s give it up for the world’s number one favorite website builder – WordPress.
With WordPress, you don’t need to be a programmer to build a professional website.
In this article, we’ll show you how to easily create a phenomenal website with WordPress in less than thirty minutes to one hour. Ready? Let’s get started!
Table of contents
- Introduction to WordPress
- Why do we need websites?
- Steps to creating a website with WordPress
- How to Install WordPress
- Creating a WordPress Website with Page Builders
- Essential Plugins for your WordPress website
Introduction to WordPress
Did you know that WordPress is the most popular online publishing tool in the world? It gives users the ultimate freedom with its friendly interface for writing, editing, and publishing content. No wonder bloggers and small businesses love it!
WordPress is suitable for all companies of various sizes, like start-ups to enterprises who want to e-connect efficiently with their prospects and clients. WordPress is easy to use and understand, and there is no technicality involved with its setup at all.
Don’t be too surprised to know that presently over 30% of all websites on the internet are powered by WordPress. And the number keeps going up day after day.
Self-hosted WordPress is the most popular website builder on the market with the slogan Democratize Publishing. It is free and open-source software that anyone can use to build any website.
As long as you can do the following things such as typing, dragging and dropping, installing, and saving, then you are good to go.
Why Do We Need Websites?
Websites primarily act as a bridge between those who want to share information and those who want to consume it. If you are running a business, then it is almost imperative for you to have a website to broadcast your offerings and reach out to potential clients on a global stage.
The Importance of having a website:
- A website is an online brochure where you can advertise your business offers.
- It gives you a platform to reach out to a far-and-wide global customer base.
- As a blogger, you can influence your readers and also monetize your content.
- You can share your knowledge, showcase all your ideas, skills, expertise, and publish them on a website.
- If you have a business idea, then you don’t have to wait. You can straightaway open an online shop and sell your products or services online. An added advantage is that the online shop will be open 24/7 for your customers throughout the year with easy communications with your customers, thereby allowing them to express themselves.
- You can provide valuable customer support by having a complaints-ticket system.
- If you have an official website with a domain, then you can have your personalized emails like sales@, admin@, Info@, etc, as it is much professional than email@example.com).
Steps to Creating a Website With WordPress
To get started with WordPress, you’ll be needing a domain and web hosting (this is where your website files are stored). After that, other steps you will take are:
- Point the DNS records of your domain name to the server or the hosting provider. (If you already have your domain name separately from a registrar and then connecting it to your hosting server.)
- Develop the contents that you want to publish on the website.
- Publish the web pages on the Internet.
We recommend using the best hosting providers that give free domain names, hosting discounts, and more for startups like:
Also, you can check out any of these recommended WordPress hosting providers.
1. Install WordPress
After choosing and registering your domain and hosting, the next step is you will need to install WordPress on your newly purchased hosting account.
Installing WordPress is quite simple. It takes just less than five minutes to complete. Just login to your hosting account’s control panel, locate WordPress (usually at the bottom of the control panel), and click install.
On the other hand, you might as well skip the hurdle of WordPress installation by going for a managed WordPress hosting account with either DreamHost or EasyWP, where WordPress is pre-installed for you. All you have to do is log in to your purchased account and visit the settings tab to configure other stuff.
Don’t Get Stuck — Hire a Pro!
Let’s get you a polished, professional website to help take your online business to the next level.
With that said, once you have bought your hosting and also installed WordPress, you’ll see the WordPress dashboard, which looks like this;
2. Choose a WordPress Theme
There are several free WordPress themes to choose from in the WordPress repository. The same free WordPress themes can also be upgraded at your convenience. However, you will need to be careful when selecting a theme for your website. Most importantly, there are factors worth putting into considerations, such as:
3. Configure your WordPress settings
Then, another important step is to go to your WordPress settings dashboard and do some adjustments such as the permalink structure, date and time configuration, and more to suit your needs.
Make sure you save each setting after adjustment by scrolling down the page to click on the Save button.
4. Set up your WordPress pages
We usually advise our clients to take their time to get familiar with the WordPress dashboard once fully installed by clicking on each menu on the left side. By doing this, you can easily set up anything on your own on the dashboard with fewer supervisions or without any at all.
Once that’s done, you need to install some must-have plugins from the WordPress repository and activate them to enhance the functionality of your website based on your needs.
Creating a WordPress Website With Page Builders
Having established the fact that WordPress is the most beginner-friendly platform to publish your website, it is worthy to note that are several popular page builder tools that are designed to help beginners and developers create professional websites without wasting much time.
Interestingly, these website page builders have both free and premium versions. However, we usually recommend the premium versions for our clients, simply because the free versions have limited features.
You can use premium page builders to publish your website and create stunning landing pages without coding or design skills. They also come with free pre-installed themes you can choose for your website.
Also, note that you can use them to design the entire website sections like posts, pages, eCommerce product sales pages, and many more.
1. Create your WordPress site using Elementor
Elementor is a powerful page builder tool for WordPress suitable for both beginners and developers. With Elementor, you don’t need to start a WordPress website from scratch.
Elementor is one of the best WordPress page builder plugins. It allows you to quickly publish professionally designed web pages for your website using a simple drag and drop user interface with features like Custom Code, Code Highlights Widget, new Animated Headline options, and much more.
Additionally, you can gain access to professional widgets, build custom popups and forms while using Elementor across multiple sites. Start building your WordPress websites with Elementor in minutes.
2. Create your WordPress website using Divi Builder
Divi Page Builder is another beginner-friendly WordPress theme builder with tons of free ready-made templates.
Divi makes building websites easier. For beginners and website owners, the standalone page builder plugin gives you the freedom to bring your visions to life. Anyone can jump into Divi thanks to its visual editor and hundreds of pre-made designs, plus a whole range of customization addons to cop in Divi Marketplace.
You can sign up and try it for 30 days for free. After you are satisfied with experiencing its awesomeness, then you can upgrade to any package of your choice. The premium offer comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 support.
3. Create your WordPress Website Using Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder – Another popular flexible drag and drop WordPress website builder with advanced theme customization.
Currently, over 180k website owners make websites with Beaver Builder. The rich-featured page builder is developer-friendly, well SEO optimized, and can be used to build websites in minutes.
Other features of Beaver Builder include live front-end page editing designs, pre-installed themes, and many more. It’s indeed an awesome plugin with great support and a helpful community.
You can try the lite version with limited features in the WordPress.org repository and play with all of Beaver Builder’s features. Or better still, go for the complete recommended version.
Essential WordPress Plugins for Your Website
Below is our selection of the essentials WordPress plugins that you should install on your website. All of them are available for free. However, you will get exceptional features when you go for their premium versions.
- WPForms Lite – Add contact forms to your WordPress site. See the benefits of the WPForms premium plugin when connected with Zapier.
- Shared Counts – The best WordPress social media plugin that doesn’t slow down your website and is fully GDPR compliant.
- SeedProd Lite – Helps you to easily add a coming soon page to your website while you work on it. You can also use the premium version to build converting landing pages. See SeedProd exceptional features.
- Yoast SEO – Improve your WordPress SEO and get more traffic from Google.
- AIOSEO – This is one of Yoast’s alternatives for local and WooCommerce SEO to improve your website search rankings.
- Jetpack – provides advanced security services, content delivery, and free SEO tools needful for your blog or website to succeed.
- UpdraftPlus – Free WordPress backup plugin for your files such as video, images, posts, and more.
- Sucuri – Free website malware scanner to prevent your site from hackers.
- CodeGuard – Your one-stop solution to protecting your WordPress site. With it, you can gain essential backup, malware remediation, and rollback capabilities.
Final Thoughts on how to create a WordPress Website
Now that you have read how easy it is to create a website with WordPress, you might probably still be asking yourself this question:
Can I design a website with no coding skills?
Absolutely. You don’t need any programming, coding, or design skills to create a professional-looking WordPress website or a blog.
We hope this article helped you learn how to easily create a website with WordPress for your businesses.