Building a business website using WordPress is a hassle-free task nowadays, requiring only basic computer skills.
You don’t have to worry about the complexity of the process as WordPress eliminates the need for coding knowledge.
In this article, I’ll guide you through the process of creating a professional website using WordPress in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.
So, let’s get started!
Table Of Contents
Why Do We Need Websites?
Websites primarily act as a bridge between those who want to share information and those who want to consume it. If you are running a business, then it is almost imperative for you to have a website to broadcast your offerings and reach out to potential clients on a global stage.
The Importance of Having a Website:
- A website is an online brochure where you can advertise your business offers.
- It gives you a platform to reach out to a far-and-wide global customer base.
- As a WordPress blogger, you can influence your readers and also monetize your content.
- You can share your knowledge, showcase all your ideas, skills, and expertise, and publish them on a website.
- If you have a business idea, then you don’t have to wait. You can straightaway open an online shop and sell your products or services online. An added advantage is that the online shop will be open 24/7 for your customers throughout the year with easy communication with your customers, thereby allowing them to express themselves.
- You can provide valuable customer support by having a complaints-ticket system.
- If you have an official website with a domain, you can have personalized emails like sales@, admin@, Info@, etc, as it is much more professional than [email protected]).
Introduction to WordPress
Did you know that WordPress is the most popular (CMS) content management system platform used for building all manner of websites? It gives users the ultimate freedom with its friendly interface for writing, editing, and publishing content. No wonder bloggers and small businesses love it!
WordPress is suitable for all brands and companies of various sizes, from startups to enterprises that want to e-connect efficiently with their prospects and clients. WordPress is easy to use, and there is no technicality involved with its setup at all.
Don’t be too surprised to know that presently over 45% of all websites on the internet are powered by WordPress. And the number keeps going up day after day.
Self-hosted WordPress is the most popular website builder on the market with the slogan Democratize Publishing. It is free and open-source software that anyone can use to build any website.
As long as you can do the following things such as typing, dragging and dropping, installing, and saving, then you are good to go.
Type of Websites You Can Create With WordPress
There are various types of websites you can create with WordPress. These include but are not limited to:
- eCommerce websites with WooCommerce, Ecwid, and BigCommerce.
- Membership and e-learning websites.
- Business directory websites.
- Real Estate websites.
- Coupon and discount websites.
- Service-related websites.
- General WordPress blogs.
Required tools for setting up a WordPress website
To get started with WordPress, you’ll need a domain and web hosting (this is where your website files are stored). At this juncture, I will recommend Hostinger because Hostinger’s Web and Cloud hosting plans are optimized for WordPress websites.
Not only that, Hostinger gives free domain names (for just a year), hosting discounts, world-class customer support, automated backups and more for startups.
Here are some excellent features that set Hostinger’s Managed WordPress hosting apart:
- 1-click WordPress installation
- AI tools for generating content and websites
- Automatic Website Migration tool
- WordPress Automatic updates
- WordPress Vulnerabilities Scanner
- WordPress Acceleration (LiteSpeed) for improving website loading times
- Object Cache for WordPress – reduce website’s response times up to 3 times
- On-Demand Backup
- WordPress Staging Tool for testing changes before release
- WordPress Multisite feature for running multiple sites on the same installation
- WP-CLI Tool – update plugins and much more without using a web browser
- Advanced WooCommerce optimized
- Hostinger’s CDN – for 40% faster site loading times
Quick Steps to Creating a Website With WordPress
- Install WordPress in one click.
- Choose a WordPress theme.
- Configure your WordPress settings.
- Design necessary web pages.
- Develop the content that you want to publish on the website.
- Publish the web pages on the Internet.
Step 1. Install WordPress
After choosing and registering your domain and hosting, the next step is you will need to install WordPress on your newly purchased hosting account.
Installing WordPress is quite simple. It takes less than five minutes to complete. Just log in to your Hostinger’s control panel, locate WordPress (usually at the bottom of the control panel), and click install.
Don’t Get Stuck — Hire a Pro!
Let’s get you a polished, professional website to help take your online business to the next level.
With that said, once you have bought your web hosting and installed WordPress, you’ll see the WordPress dashboard, which looks like this;
Step 2. Choose a WordPress Theme
There are several free WordPress themes to choose from in the WordPress repository. The same free WordPress themes can also be upgraded at your convenience. However, you will need to be careful when selecting a theme for your website. Most importantly, there are factors worth putting into consideration, such as:
- Area of specialization (Niche)
- Speed optimization features
- Free customization features and lots more.
Step 3. Configure your WordPress settings
Then, another important step is to go to your WordPress settings dashboard and make some adjustments such as the permalink structure, date and time configuration, and more to suit your needs.
Make sure you save each setting after adjustment by scrolling down the page to click the Save button.
Step 4. Design your WordPress pages
Customise your header and footer menu, so that the pages will appear on the header homepage and can be easily seen anytime your visitors or customers visit your website.
Get familiar with the WordPress dashboard once fully installed by clicking on each menu on the left side. By doing this, you can easily set up anything on your own on the dashboard with fewer supervisions or without any at all.
Once that’s done, you need to install some essential plugins from the WordPress repository and activate them to enhance the functionality of your website based on your needs.
Step 5. Develop Your Content And Publish
Websites are not complete without content. Adding great content to your website makes it stand out in Google Search. To add content to your posts and pages, Go to your WordPress dashboard and follow the steps below to start publishing your content.
- Click on Add New Post or Page.
- Add title.
- Add content.
- Upload images.
- Preview the post before going live.
- Hit the Publish button to go live.
If you have made it this far, congratulations on becoming the proud owner of a WordPress website! Now you have the power to create an unlimited number of pages on your site. And if you’re craving some extra pizzazz, why not jazz up your WordPress with these fantastic page builders? We’ll delve into all the juicy details in the next section. So buckle up and get ready for a wild customization ride!
Creating a WordPress Website With Page Builders
Having established the fact that WordPress is the most beginner-friendly platform to publish a website, it is worth noting that there are several popular page builder tools that are designed to help beginners and developers create professional websites without wasting much time.
Interestingly, these website and landing page builders have free and premium versions. However, we usually recommend the premium versions simply because the free versions have limited features.
You can use the best page builders to publish your website and create stunning landing pages without coding or design skills. They also come with free pre-installed themes you can choose for your website.
Also, note that you can use them to design entire website sections like posts, pages, eCommerce product sales pages, and many more.
1. Create your WordPress site using Elementor
Elementor is one of the best WordPress page builder plugins. It allows you to quickly publish professionally designed web pages for your website using a simple drag-and-drop user interface with features like Custom Code, Code Highlights Widget, new Animated Headline options, and much more.
Additionally, you can gain access to professional widgets, and build custom popups and forms while using Elementor across multiple sites. Start building your WordPress websites with Elementor in minutes.
2. Create your WordPress website using Divi Builder
Divi Page Builder is another beginner-friendly WordPress theme builder with tons of free ready-made templates.
Divi makes building websites easier. For beginners and website owners, the standalone page builder plugin gives you the freedom to bring your visions to life. Anyone can jump into Divi thanks to its visual editor and hundreds of pre-made designs, plus a whole range of customization addons to cop in Divi Marketplace.
You can sign up and try it for 30 days for free. After you are satisfied with experiencing its awesomeness, you can upgrade to any package of your choice. The premium offer comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 support.
3. Create your WordPress Website Using Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is another popular flexible drag-and-drop WordPress website builder with advanced theme customization.
Currently, over 180k website owners make websites with Beaver Builder. The rich-featured page builder is developer-friendly, well-SEO optimized, and can be used to build websites in minutes.
Other features of Beaver Builder include live front-end page editing designs, pre-installed themes, and many more. It’s indeed an awesome plugin with great support and a helpful community.
You can try the lite version with limited features in the WordPress.org repository and play with all of Beaver Builder’s features. Or better still, go for the complete recommended version.
Essential Plugins for Your WordPress Website
To optimize the performance of your WordPress website, it is essential to equip it with a selection of indispensable plugins that pack a punch. Take a look at these impressive WordPress plugins that you have to install on your website. And here’s the cherry on top: most of them won’t cost you a dime! However, if you’re ready to take your website to the next level, don’t hesitate to explore the premium versions that offer some truly exceptional features.
Plugin Types & Features
- Jetpack – Easily create awesome content with the AI Assistant tool and also boost your site performance. Free
- WPForms – Add contact forms to your WordPress site. Free | Pro
- Shared Counts – The best WordPress social media plugin that doesn’t slow down your website and is fully GDPR compliant. Free
- SeedProd – Helps you to easily add a coming soon page to your website while you work on it. You can also use the premium version to build converting landing pages. Free | Pro
- Yoast SEO – Improve your WordPress SEO and get more traffic from Google.
- AIOSEO – This is one of Yoast’s alternatives for local and WooCommerce SEO to improve your website search rankings.
- Jetpack – provides advanced security services, content delivery, and free SEO tools needed for your blog or website to succeed.
Website Speed And Security
Website speed and security are essential for the growth of your online business. Your WordPress website won’t just take off on its own. Your site needs the assistance of some tools that will secure your website and make it go faster anytime a potential visitor from anywhere in the world comes to visit it, either to buy your products and services or do some form of registration.
- UpdraftPlus – A free WordPress backup plugin for your files such as videos, images, posts, and more.
- Sucuri – Free website malware scanner to protect your site from hackers.
- CodeGuard – Your one-stop solution to protecting your WordPress site. With it, you can gain essential backup, malware remediation, and rollback capabilities.
Also, take your time to go through some of the must-have plugins for every WordPress site.
Final Thoughts on How to Create a WordPress Website
WordPress has evolved into a major content management system that powers almost half of the world’s websites.
Now that you have read how easy it is to create a website with WordPress, you might probably still be asking yourself this question:
Can I design a website with no coding skills?
Absolutely. You don’t need any programming, coding, or design skills to create a professional-looking WordPress website or a blog.
FAQs On How To Create A WordPress Website
We hope this article helped you learn how to easily create a website with WordPress.