Most startups and SMEs are often careless about inculcating modern best e-business practices, especially one that has to do with setting up a professional business email for use.
You have worked hard floating your side hustle and telling your friends and families about it but didn’t occur to you to set up a professional business email address for transactional purposes.
One of the ways new startups and existing small businesses transcend into renowned brands over time is through the regular usage of official business emails. However, this doesn’t fall into place when you use personal email addresses that end with yahoo, Gmail, etc.
In this article, we will show you why your new small business venture or side hustle will need a professional business email address and how to get one set up straightaway.
What Is A Business Email Address?
A business email address is a customized or personalized email address from your domain name, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
With a business email address, you can personalize your team’s email addresses to gain your customers’ trust, continued patronages, and so much more.
Here are some options you may want to start with:
- Info@mybusinesswebsite.com, and so on!
The three reasons you need a professional business email address:
1. More Customers to do businesses with
When you have a professional business email, more people and business associates are willing to transact business with you, even long-term.
There is an aura of professionalism and confidence you will feel each time you send a mail that includes attachments, bills, and invoices from your official email address to your new prospects or existing clients.
Sending out emails with your business name helps you to promote your brand. You can even get referrals from some leads, which will bring in more closing sales repeatedly without embarking on a sales pitch. It means you have won such customers or clients for life.
PS: We advise using professional business email addresses for all your personal and business needs. Also, when carrying out email marketing campaigns.
2. Increase in open email rate
Your side hustle is more respected and opened on time when a new prospect gets your email. Most emails sent with personal email addresses are seen as unofficial. As a result, they don’t receive the adequate attention needed.
It becomes harder for your existing and new clients and business associates to trust such generic emails as legitimate business email accounts.
For us, we treat those kinds of emails as non-important, even when their contents can be legit, meaningful, and sometimes needful. That’s how bad they don’t get to produce results you earnestly desire.
3. No Intrusion of Ads
We know you have had a fair share of adverts obstructions when attending to emails in your inboxes. This is a regular and unavoidable occurrence that makes you feel irritated when sending, replying, reading, or scrolling through your emails.
Now that we have given you enough reasons to switch to using professional business emails for your side hustle business. Let’s introduce to you a perfect business email solution for your ventures and other business needs.
Professional Business Email Hosting For Startups & SMEs
Just like web hosting for websites, email hosting is a typical service offered when you host your business email separately on a secured server. And this gives you all the necessary features your need when sending and receiving emails.
You don’t need a website or a web hosting plan to use a professional business email address. All you need is a custom domain email hosting set-up with other integrations and collaboration features available to boost productivity and team effectiveness.
This type of email hosting is quite different from the free versions that usually come with many web hosting companies.
We usually advise startups and existing business owners not to use a free web-based email because of the reasons highlighted below:
- Non-secured email servers.
- Irritating banners, or on/off page advertisements.
- Usually filled with spammed messages.
- Fewer storage facilities.
- No CRM integrations are available.
Benefits of A Professional Business Email for startups and SMEs
- Share and synchronize emails, tasks, appointments, calendars, and contacts.
- A fresh interface that works across many devices – smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
- Robust antivirus and spam filters
- Large cloud-based storage facilities.
- No irritating ads.
- Email synchronization across multiple devices.
- Secured inbox from unwanted emails.
- Protection with strong 2FA – Authentication (U2F & TOTP)
- Multiple creations of email boxes and aliases, for example, email@example.com
- 24/7 customer support.
Now that you have seen both differences, we bet you’d want to go for a rich email service for your startup business. Hence, we advise startups to get a secured and professional email service with tough anti-spam protection and plenty of space to run their business.
We think this cost won’t hurt your pocket at all, compared to the benefits you will be getting for your business after signing up.
Remember, you don’t need to have a website to use a professional business email.
What do I need to get a professional business email Address set up?
- You will need a custom domain name. See our detailed guide on how to choose and register a desired domain name and extension for your business.
- Next, you will need a professional business email hosting solution.
Where To Get a Professional Email Hosting For Your Business
Once you have your domain registered, then go ahead and get your professional mailbox set up. The best and most popular email hosting solutions used by several startups and SMEs are:
1. Google Workspace
Google Workspace offered by DreamHost has everything you need, as far as secured business email is concerned. Also, you can benefit from Google Workspace’s office suite with real-time collaboration built-in, which helps teams work together from anywhere.
With Google Workspace business email, you can enjoy more benefits such as:
- Storing and sharing files in the cloud
- Unlimited video conferencing and other virtual meetings with teams
- Real-time collaborations
- Access to emails, calendars, and files from either your mobile phones and/or laptops
- Easy setup
Pricing: Google Workspace offers a monthly fee starting from $6 with all the above-mentioned features. Plus, you can get started with a free 30-day trial.
3. Microsoft 365 For Business
Microsoft 365 for Business enables you to have full access to all email essentials, including Office 365 suite that’ll make your business stand out.
With Microsoft 365, you’ll get a professional email set up with your business domain (firstname.lastname@example.org) inclusive of the features like:
- Get business-class email on phones, tablets, desktops, and the web with Exchange.
- Set up new user emails, restore deleted accounts, create custom scripts, and more from anywhere.
- 50GB storage (and above) for a single user mailbox
- Cloud storage and file sharing for team access
- Full access to Microsoft Office essentials such as Word, Excel, and other productivity apps
- Online invoicing and appointment booking tools for your business
- Intuitive management dashboard
- 24/7 support services
Pricing: Microsoft 365 for Business has monthly tier plans like Basic, Standard, and Premium with various monthly and yearly plans, and a whooping 30-day free trial that starts from $5 and above.
3. DreamHost Email Hosting
DreamHost business email lets you have a professional email address set up for your business with amazing features like;
- 25GB free space per mailbox
- Easy access and sync from mobile and laptop devices
- Ad-free email
- Smart Anti-spam that prevents viruses and malware attacks
- Easy customization setup
- 24/7 customer support
Pricing: DreamHost gives a 30-day free trial and also offers monthly and yearly subscriptions from $1.67 per mailbox.
4. Namecheap Email Hosting
Namecheap business email hosting provides you with the following benefits:
- 5GB email storage per mailbox for the cheapest plan
- 2GB file storage
- secure webmail
- Full mobile and laptop sync
- 24/7 customer support
- Free migrations
Pricing: Namecheap business email comes with a whopping 60-day free trial on any of their plans, starting from a $0.84 monthly fee.
Regarding everything, startups need to know about a professional business email