Are you just starting a new WordPress site or blog, and wondering what are the must-have plugins to install?
In this article, we will show you the best plugins to you need to install after your website or blog is fully set up.
But before then, let’s enlighten you on what plugins really are, and why you need them on your new WordPress site.
What Are Plugins?
Plugins (also called add-ons or extensions) are essential components of a software that adds new functions to provide support for specific features or functionality. Widely used in digital audio, video, and Web browsing, plugins add richness to websites and blogs. Today’s prominent websites and blogs are powered up by various plugins depending on what they offer. Most plugins offer website security, optimization, online payment gateways and so on.
Think of plugins like your favorite apps on your mobile phone. They help you achieve some important tasks right? You’d want to make sure you download the important ones so as to avoid taking much unnecessary space. Same is applicable with websites when you just create a new one.
Types of Plugins
You also need to note that there are two categories of plugins which are Basic and Premium.
Basic Plugins: These category of plugins offer basic functionalities to your WordPress websites and blogs. They form an integral part of your website such as for security, for contact purposes, lead generation and many more. They are also grouped into four sub categories which are Featured, Popular, Recommended and Favorites.
Premium Plugins: These are enhanced plugins created solely to carry out double or triple duties of the basic plugins on WordPress sites. They are usually tagged with average prices on developer sites based on their functionalities. Most of them are offered in yearly renewals and lifetime packages.
Why Do You Need These Must-Have Plugins For Your WordPress Site?
- For optimum website conversions
- For lead generation
- For maximum site security from potential malware viruses and hijacks
- For site backups
- For site speed and performances
- For monetization purposes
- For data analysis
Okay, so now that you have more knowledge on what Plugins are and what they can do, let’s quickly show you the must-have plugins for your new WordPress site or blog. We will list both basic and premium plugins in this article.
MonsterInsights is the best WordPress analytics plugin, which is used by over 3M+ website owners. When connected to Google Analytics, it gives you insights of people visiting your site such as real-time analytics, user behavior reports, SEO ranking reports and much more on your WordPress dashboard without the need of visiting Google Analytics site.
With these rich data at your disposal, it will help you know what line of actions to take next so as to achieve a maximum conversion rate on your website. And I’m pretty sure you’d want to know important information like – where your visitors are coming from, what they do on your site, their age, gender and much more. All these vital info will you get in one place.
Here’s why smart business owners and savvy online marketers love MonsterInsights:
- For Publishers (Bloggers): Do you want to be a professional blogger? MonsterInsights will help you write better and well engaging contents to serve your audience and in return drives in more traffic to your site.
- For Store Owners (eCommerce): You need the plugin if you plan on selling products and services on your WordPress site, as it will help you make more sales thereby reducing cart abandonment and much more.
- For Business Websites: As a business owner looking for more opportunities, it will help you write contents that convert, which will in turn get you new email subscribers and a whole lot more.
- Other outstanding features such as seamless interactions with other popular plugins, higher profits, more revenue, more retention of readers, clients and customers among to mention but a few.
MonsterInsights has a basic plugin you can install directly from the WordPress repository. But the basic plugin has limited features. Which is why we recommend the premium plugin to achieve outstanding results and skyrocket your site’s performance .
WPForms is the best drag and drop WordPress form builder, which is used by over 4M+ smart website owners to build engaging contact forms and surveys.
As a new WordPress site owner, you can use to to create payment forms for your clients, Newsletter forms for you email subscribers, registration forms for events and a whole lot more. WPForms also works seamlessly with an essential add-on called Zapier for automatic leads generation, online payment gateways like PayPal and much more. (See our article on how to connect WPForms with Zapier).
With WPForms, you can easily build online forms in minutes and sue them on your WordPress site and WooCommerce store. It is easily customizable and can adapt to your needs depending on what you want to use it to achieve.
If you want to take your WordPress site to the next level, then we recommend you start building forms with WPForms today. There is a basic or lite version of this plugin with limited features. You can start with that and then move over to the premium plugin.
Optinmonster helps convert and monetize your website traffic. It is currently the most powerful lead generation tool for savvy online marketers. I’m so sure you don’t just want to put up your WordPress website for fun only.
With this plugin, you can increase your email list of subscribers, get more leads from your traffic, make more sales if you have an online store and lots more benefits.
How Does OptinMonster Work?
- Once installed on your WordPress site, you will visit it and choose your desired ready-made inbuilt template. It’s drag and drop feature lets you customize it to your taste.
- You can now go ahead and personalize your content with behavior automation to show your offer for your website visitors, so that anytime they visit your site, they will be shown your offers.You also have to take into consideration that your offerings have to be juicy in order to experience great conversions.
- Once your offerings start showing up on your site, then you will need to use the real time stats gotten to do some split test to know where and which of your products and/or services to concentrate better on to maximize more conversions.
Optinmonster is currently used by over 1M+ WordPress site owners as seen on the basic plugin. However, we recommend the premium plugin which has more than the above mentioned features.
Just as their slogan depicts on their site; Yoast is for everyone. And yes! you will need to solidly optimize your WordPress site to give you the best conversion rates and benefits.
Yoast is every website owner’s favorite when it comes to achieving optimum search engine optimization. As a small business owner and a marketer, It is imperative you optimize your WordPress content, boost your local visibility, improve your videos, optimize your online store and many more. You can also use it to create a sitemap for your WordPress site along with several other great features.
Installing Yoast on your WordPress site is free and simple. However, there are premium features they offer too.
WordPress Security Plugins
As a new website or blog owner, you have to be extremely cautious and concerned about securing your website from time to time. For optimum security, you have to ensure you use the best WordPress security plugins that are constantly updated.
Google recaptcha helps in preventing spam bots on your contact forms, WooCommerce login forms and other types of forms on your websites.
I’m sure you must have encountered some sites asking whether you’re not a human or prove you’re not a robot. Or seen some login portals containing the recaptcha box for you to tick before gaining access into the site. Hence, it’s imperative you also do the same to your website in order to prevent spam bots etc from gaining access. That why we will be recommending the reCaptcha plugin by Best Web Soft as one of the must-have plugins on your WordPress site.
The reCaptcha by Best Web Soft plugin is an effective security solution that protects your WordPress website forms from spam entries while letting real people pass through with ease. It can be used for login, registration, password recovery, comments, popular contact forms, and other. reCAPTCHA Versions such as Version 3, Version 2, Invisible are included.
There is a free version and also a premium version of this plugin. The free version only helps in WordPres default pages such as the login form, registration form, and comment form.
While the premium version helps;
- eCommerce sites protect their WooCommerce login, registration, reset password and checkout forms.
- Forum sites using BuddyPress, bbPress and wpForo login and registration pages.
- Mailchimp for WordPress email users.
- Divi login and contact forms.
- Ninja forms, Jetpack forms, Contact Form 7 and Gravity forms.
After successful installation on your site, your users are required to confirm that they are not a robot before the form can be submitted. It’s easy for people and hard for bots.
How to Install Google reCaptcha by Best Web Soft Plugin
- First, you will have to register your domain name with Google reCaptcha service to obtain your API keys and add the keys to the fields in the plugin. Get your API keys.
- Install and activate the reCaptcha by Best Web Soft plugin from the WordPress repository and insert the API keys.
- Then ensure you scroll down to click the save button.
- Copy the shortcode provided into your contact forms.
- Add the reCaptcha shortcode provided to your login pages/posts and other contact pages.
We hope this article helped you take steps on choosing some of the must-have plugins you need for your WordPress site to succeed on the internet. If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our newsletter for tutorials. You can also find us on Telegram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.