Are you a startup or a small business owner looking for the best email marketing solutions to grow your business?
Email marketing is one of the best ways to stay in touch with your readers, get new leads and existing customers. It is much more effective than reaching out to your audience on social media alone.
Did you know that email marketing has an average return on investment of 42$ for every 1$ spent?
This means if you run a campaign that costs you 100$, you should get a revenue of 4200$! Yes, you are reading that right! But of course, you need the best tools to achieve this.
As a digital salesperson, you must add email marketing to one of your sales channels or tools of reaching out to prospects if you want to convert them into potential customers over time.
Email marketing can stand alone. But when combined with social media like Facebook and LinkedIn, (which are one of the main sources of getting potential buyers), alongside some tested and proven tools like OptinMonster to grow your email list, then your business is bound to flourish like that of a palm tree planted by the riverside.
In this article, we have carefully reviewed some of the best email marketing service providers. And to help you decide which one you should choose to run your next newsletter campaign.
Table of Contents
- What is Email Marketing?
- 5 Best Email Marketing Solution Providers
- 2. GetResponse
- 3. MailMunch
- Email Marketing Automation Pros & Cons
- Over To You
What Is Email Marketing?
Email Marketing is simply the act of passing across communications (that mostly surrounds buying and selling) by sending bulk emails to friends and associates, customers, and other segmented contact lists on a periodic or regular basis to perform required action.
It is a convenient and easy means of conveying information to your customers, such as business news and updates, upcoming promotions, discounts, and giveaways.
Unlike the usual way of sending emails to single contacts, Email Marketing helps you send customized emails (usually referred to as Campaigns) to a group of a list(s) you have gathered.
Different types of campaigns can be set up automatically to target different audiences, depending on the nature of your business. And also, what type of communication you intend to send also depends on your type of business.
For online sellers, you can use it to communicate new arrival products and so on. Email Marketing can be used by any profession or business or achieve the desired goal.
Interestingly, there are several competent and effective email service providers that you can use to start and grow your marketing list.
Also, we will continue to ensure we sensitize startups about the importance of building an email list, and show you how to build your email list the right way – step by step with our recommended email service providers.
need a customized Email Address for your Business?
Get A Professional Email @yourdomain
6 Best Email Marketing Solutions
There are several email marketing service providers out there, but we will only recommend just a top few of them we believe can give you the best solutions for your business needs.
ActiveCampaign is the number one customer experience automation platform. It gives you the email marketing, marketing automation, and CRM tools you need to create incredible customer experiences.
ActiveCampaign also gives you the best email marketing solutions if you’re running an eCommerce business, or you’re operating a B2C or B2B firm. It integrates seamlessly with most eCommerce platforms like Shopify, WordPress, WooCommerce, and Salesforce app.
ActiveCampaign key features:
- Has an easy-to-use drag and drop builder for setting up email campaigns faster.
- Helps you reach and engage your customers using subscription forms, landing pages, segmentation list and many more.
- Helps you nurture and educate your leads with automation, text and message, event tracking and many more.
- You can easily convert and close sales with CRM tools, advance report, integrated forms and so on.
- They help with one on one support and grow your business with other exceptional tools such as adding a conversation live chat to your website, web personalization, split testing and lots more.
- They offer FREE migration services for users on other platforms.
Pricing: ActiveCampaign has got simple pricing plans starting from $9 with no setup fees to help you kick-start your email marketing campaigns.
GetResponse also works just like ActiveCampaign. They’ve got awesome features to take your business to the next level in the world of email marketing. GetReposnse offers exceptional email marketing services that help grow your business needs.
GetResponse key features:
- Email Marketing basics, which let’s you build converting campaigns with autoresponders for follow ups, analytics that reveals how your campaigns are doing and so on.
- Landing pages for creating a standalone email campaigns, signups and popups with other tools suitable for your business.
- Web push notifications for website owners that helps bring back more people to your site with unlimited notifications and detailed analytics.
- Marketing automation for eCommerce businesses which helps in reducing abandoned carts, also used for product recommendations and lots more.
- Webinar features that helps you converse with your customers online anywhere through screen sharing, polls and surveys conducting etc.
- Live Chat features with customizable tools that helps you communicate with your audience online via your website.
- Paid Ads features with Facebook & Google ads that lets you create and manage ad campaigns right from your dashboard.
And guess what; you can try all these amazing GetResponse features FREE for 30 days with no credit card required.
Pricing: GetResponse’s plans come with free supports for installation. GetResponse pricing fee starts from $15 per month with a list size of 0-1000 emails. And you will certainly get an 18% or 30% discount when you pay for one year in advance.
MailMunch is one of the best modern email marketing platforms whose target is to help startups and existing businesses easily grow with their latest lead generation and conversion tools. This platform is suitable for you whether you’re starting an eCommerce business or you’re into offering different kinds of services.
With MailMunch, you can easily collect emails and convert your website visitors into lifetime customers. You can get started right away with the basic tools which are free, and it takes less than five minutes of setup.
The features of MailMunch are quite exceptional. And you don’t need to have a website to start using it. You can create beautiful landing pages from scratch or choose from the ready-made templates to sell your products and services. The best part of it is that you can have it connected even with your custom domain and so much more.
MailMunch email marketing solutions are best for all kinds of entrepreneurs and very affordable to start with. You can get started completely for free with MailMunch basic tools. See what you can achieve with MailMunch:
- Capture unlimited email subscribers with free plan
- Use well designed forms and different popups to attract site visitors
- Create converting landing pages to collect emails during ad campaigns
- Send occasional or regular newsletters to build conversions
- Create automated welcome emails and drip campaigns
- Boost sales with coupons and spin-wheels that wins customers for life
MailMunch is one of the email marketing platforms that melt our hearts with their simplicity and yet fully robust solutions. It’s fully customized and mobile-friendly.
Pricing: As we mentioned above, MailMunch allows you to start using its basic tools for free. The only downside with their free plan is that it comes with MailMunch branding. If you need to get rid of MailMunch’s branding in your emails and also more essential tools to get more leads from your existing traffic, then consider an upgrade that starts from $7 and above.
To cap it all MailMunch has 60 days refund policy. This means – if you’re not down with their first month of services, they will happily refund 100% of your money, no questions asked.
MailPoet is preferably the best newsletter platform for WordPress sites. It enables small business owners with WordPress websites to send beautiful emails to their leads and existing customers directly from their WordPress admin dashboard with ease. Every email creating and sending is done without leaving your WordPress dashboard.
With MailPoet installed on your WordPress site, you don’t need an external email service provider to power your daily, weekly, or monthly newsletters or campaigns – as the case may be.
Your mail gets delivered in no time to your subscribers’ inboxes and not spam boxes. No bouncing back with mail daemon. Let’s see why MailPoet is highly preferred amongst several other email service providers.
MailPoet offers free premium features, which are completely free to use if you have 1,000 subscribers or less. This is a good bargain for WordPress startups that are just starting to grow their email database.
When your subscribers base now hits more than 1000, then you can decide to migrate to MailPoet’s flexible plans. Little wonder why they’ve got over 300K+ installs as at publishing this post.
So Why is MailPoet among the best email marketing solutions for startups?
- Easy communication setup via WordPress newsletters.
- Ready-made email templates.
- Send unlimited emails with MailPoet Sending Service.
- List segmentation and WordPress signup forms.
- Send welcome email series and latest post notifications.
- Supports WooCommerce with automation of abandoned cart emails.
- Automatically sends a ‘thank you’ message to first-time customers.
- Easy migration and importation from other email service providers.
- GDPR Compliant.
- 24/7 customer support.
One of MailPoet’s premium features for WooCommerce businesses is clear ROI and metrics, which allows you to see the number of purchased items, open and click rate data right from the dashboard.
With this info at your palm, you can monitor advanced analytics to learn more about your users and also know how to optimize your emails for high rate conversions.
Omnisend is a fully robust email and SMS marketing software with rich features put in place to grow your eCommerce sales and other online businesses.
With Omnisend, you can create way more than email newsletter campaigns to boost your sales. You can set up automated emails, segmentation, SMS integrations, web push notifications, and more to get high open and click-through rates.
Do you want to reduce abandoned cart rates and get higher conversions? Go for Omnisend. The platform has got amazing features that will skyrocket your sales within a short period time of usage.
Omnisend features include:
- Pre-built automations for cart abandonment, welcome series and other transactional emails.
- Works seamlessly with popular eCommerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce and WooCommerce.
- Very rich and easy-to-use content editor.
- Unlimited Email templates to choose from.
- Segmentation feature that improves conversions with well-targeted, personalized emails and texts.
- Wordwide SMS marketing integrations with newsletters, segmented email campaigns and more.
- Email A/B test features to know what works best.
- Unlimited popups and forms.
- Audience sync for Ads.
- Reports and analytics.
- Reach more customers with web push notifications and text messages.
- Retarget customers contacts with Google Customer Match built-in integration.
- Facebook Ads retargeting for extra reach on Facebook and Instagram.
- Easy switch to omnisend from other email service providers.
- 24/7 customer service support
Pricing: Omnisend offers contact-based billing plans with all premium features. If you are looking to explore Ominisend, you can try the free plan which gives you 250 contacts and allows you to send up to 500 emails per month, plus 60 SMS credits, web push notifications, and much more.
Ominisend’s free plan offer is quite beneficial for new startups who are just starting to build their email lists. Also, the free plan requires no credit card used during signup. While other plans are from $16 and above.
Drip is a robust email marketing service platform that lets you build your business brand from customer acquisition to customer retention with the latest tools.
Drip’s core marketing tools include customizable forms to help you grow your email list, a rich drag-and-drop newsletter builder to let you send emails with ease and turn your leads into potential customers.
Other Drip’s features include;
- SMS and automation
- List segmentation
- Analytic reports
- A/B split testing
- Countless integrations with popular apps
- eCommerce integrations with Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce and BigCommerce
- Free learning hub
Pricing: Drip offers flexible pricing plans based on the number of contacts you have starting from $19 which allows 500 contacts with unlimited email sends and support. It also comes with a 14-day free trial period and no credit card is required.
MailChimp helps to make marketing easier and profitable for small businesses with its All-in-one marketing platform.
The email marketing company with over two decades in existence has got powerful artificial intelligence and machine-learning software tools that help you streamline the process of creating, managing, and optimizing integrated marketing campaigns so you can maximize your efforts the simple way.
With Mailchimp’s multichannel marketing platform, you can manage your business in one single place to save you time and money. These channels include email, landing pages, websites, CRMs, API, real-time analytics, A/B Testing, and much more.
Mailchimp is certainly built for starting businesses and is user-friendly with pre-built templates, segments, and automations that mean you can click and go – No coding or design skills are required.
Email Marketing Automation Pros & Cons
What do these email service providers have in common? There are several of them, but we will only concentrate on one major feature, which most online marketers often use, and that is Email Marketing Automation.
You can automate your emails to give you more time doing other stuff about your business. This makes sense, especially for individual business ventures. We advise startups to take advantage of this feature if they are starting and don’t have many teams in their business.
However, the con of this practice is that over time, your customers won’t get an exceptional customer experience, which is one major factor to always consider. Customers tend to buy more from you and also share your juicy deals with their friends ONLY when you relate with them well during the entire sales process.
If you are looking to make the best out of email marketing automation, we recommend using any of the following email marketing service providers below:
They rank among the best email marketing solutions for new and existing businesses as far as automation is concerned. Their sales automation features are designed to help simplify your business so you can concentrate on your customers.
Start driving your sales and marketing efforts on autopilot and drive more revenue with any of the above-recommended email marketing platforms. Say goodbye to time-consuming tasks and hello to next-level marketing automation. Drive engagement and increase customer loyalty without lifting a finger.
Best Email Marketing Solutions FAQs
Like we said earlier, you can’t go wrong with using Email Marketing to grow your businesses when done rightly. Email open rates are on the rise most especially on mobile devices. It is guaranteed to give over 100% ROI over time, depending on what platform you decide to start with.
In the course of time, we will be sharing some other actionable related topics such as how to set up converting email marketing campaigns for various types of businesses, the best engaging methods to deploy when growing email lists, and many more.
In the meantime, why not start leveraging on any of the above-mentioned email marketing platforms by engaging your customers and boosting your sales? We encourage you to start small and grow big with time. It’s always never too late.
Do not hesitate to contact us, If you have signed up with any of our recommended email platforms and you need some setup help along the way. You can also take advantage of our email services offers if you want faster setups.
We hope you liked this article that centers on the best email marketing solutions for startups and SMEs. If so, kindly subscribe to our email newsletter below for more guides. You can also join our social media communities on Telegram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Asides from the above-mentioned email marketing providers, are there others you are using? Let us know via the comment box below.